Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Life as a Student..

I was overjoyed after internship is over. For once, I can have my life back after the 3-months of sleepless nights and tremendous hard work. No TV, no SLEEP.. the list goes on.

Well, my luck wasn't that good perhaps. I though that life would have been better , as I enrolled to my new semester. I flipped open my white, A4 size timetable with excitement and what I saw was total disaster.. I had four dreaded days of 8am class.. Moans and shrieks was heard echoing across the corridor, for me I was still in shock...

Out of nowhere, my lecturer requested me to present my internship experience to my fellow juniors. Well, I love threatening and warning juniors before the industry shock them to bits. Responsible senior I would say.. Immediately , I agreed.

The event was a grand event with a gargantuan of formal procedures. Talks were given by renowned career enthusiasts from Deloitte, British America Tobacco, Digi and others about the current recession that has been haunting Malaysians with jobs and without.

Here I am, being positioned in the middle number to present. I wish I could just go up to the stage, speak my mind out and finished it before my heart just jumps out from my chest. My fellow presenters before me are super eloquent speakers. They spoked so fast and fluent that can even put the machine gun to shame.

Seriously, the most scariest part was waiting in line for your turn. Wondering why, I'm afraid of the square, still stage..I am a pure drama queen, and have participated state level drama competitions for 2 years yet I chickened out on stage.. As I was half way visualising myself on the stage, the MC introduced me to the audience.. "Opps my turn," I murmured softly in my heart.. That's the moment where all the inspirational songs of worships flow continuously from my very lips.

The feeling of standing on a big stage, with 500 eyes staring at you and a panel of judges with their seriousness on their face judging you was simply indescribable. Well, I tried my very best to communicate to the audience and makes sure that they stay awake, stay alert by blending in some dry humour. Guess that I'm just too passionate about my job as an intern and continue talking non stop. I finished my last word on stage. Dashed down. The satisfaction gained was unexplainable. I did it!

Presenters posing with the managers from organisation and college

No comments:

Post a Comment