Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chicken pox

Getting chicken pox at the age of 21 is an experience which definitely requires a posting in my blog. Most of my friends have gotten chicken pox during their childhood. I am the exception. I have been always wondering.. "When is my turn??" "How come mine so late?" I chuckled to myself, it must have gotten lost somewhere..

The symptoms hit me on the very first day. I had bad migraine, body ache and slight fever. All I could do was lied on the bed and sleep the whole day. I can't even move my legs to walk. Tired and weak.

I wanted a good rest,  hoping that I would get better the next day for uni. Woke up in shock when I noticed that annoying red dots all over my neck and shoulders. I shrieked, "Oh, not Chicken pox!". Well, you see, I'm in the midst of preparing for my final exams. Another part of me whispered, "Come on, it might be rashes or some kind of allergy". Well, I'm prone to allergies. Insect and bees just love me..

By the evening, the spots gets more, some sprinkle over my face and my body. That when I decided that I have to face the truth. It might be chicken pox. Went to the doctor for confirmation. And Yes it is, the day has come when I finally had my chicken pox. Filled with excitement and thrill. My friends thought I was crazy for being rejoicing over chicken pox. Seriously, Thank God for His peace and comfort.

Rushed back to Muar. I was quarantined as my dear sis hadn't had one. Well, I was enjoying every moment of it being pampered, being the 'chicken pox princess' at home. Well, I had a good excuse for being one. Food and water is being served.lol

The particular night was a disaster. My whole body was hot. Literally, you can feel your body is burning with fire, signifying more spots is mushrooming its way out. I was tossing all over, feeling uncomfortable being hot and the next minute cold. It was definitely a long night. I couldn't sleep. It was later, when I decided to turn on Hillsong worship. I felt much more serene and relax.

We Chinese have a way of making people who are unwell even more miserable. The worst of all is the long list of food that I am told to abstain. No soya sauce because that will cause the scars to darken. No chicken, fish, prawns, crabs which are considered toxins that may affect the spots to be itchy. And then there is the no oily food for heatiness. Noodles, ABC soups and vege has been on menu list for one week.

Felt horrible but I know God is watching over me.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment