Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Little Miss Nyonya

Let's start by giving you a little bit of my history. Well, my dad is a pure Cantonese man while my mum is a pure Peranakan lady, which subsequently make me half-Nyonya known as 'Baba Celup'.

Food

Nyonyas are famous for their delectable cuisine, of course. Ranging from kuihs to dishes. The desserts especially are mouth-watering. The sweetness that tantalise your taste buds. Was wondering what happened to the 'great cook' genes which I did not inherit. My grandma cooks well, my aunt cooks super well, my mum cooks okay. Well, I guess not enough 'great cook' genes to be distributed to me. I am really a loser when it comes to cooking. I just can't get the taste combination right. I can't estimate how long can the chicken or fish be cooked. But there's one position I can triumph. I can eat ! Yeah..

Curry chicken

 
Bubur cha cha
 
PS: I need these pictures to inspire and motivate me to learn cooking..

No comments:

Post a Comment