Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Music

I really adored and admired musicians. Either they are pressing the ivory-coloured of piano keys, strumming the strings of an accoustic guitar or swaying the bow against the violin's strings. The pleasure of listening to music and playing an instrument itself is totally different. Playing an instrument captures one's inner soul and emotions. Playing an instrument makes your senses go crazy. Getting to touch the texture of the smooth, wooden violin. You have the authority in placing pressure to produce louder notes or vice versa. You get to experience the music flowing right throught that thing you are holding into your ear drums and penetrate gently to your soul.

My biggest regret is not pursuing music. I still remembered that day, when my dad asked me, "Carol, do you want to learn to learn piano?". I declined immediately, giving an excuse that looking into a book of 'tauges' makes me dizzy as in music notes. I dread practices, playing the same song again and again and lastly piano exam. Thanks to my friends who keeps complaining about 'their encounter' with the ang moh piano examiner. It literally make my knees turned jelly.

It's my dream to be able to play an instrument. By the way, does castanets counted as a music instuments?? cause yeah, I am talented in castanets. Dream come true. lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment