Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Man's Best Friend



I have been desiring for a pet, especially a puppy. A friend who stays true and faithful and doesn’t judge for who you are.

One day, my sister and I had pluck our 'mustard seed courage' to ask my dad. "Dad, why not we have a puppy? It can look after our home, and we have someone to play with.." both of us pleaded with our adorable puppy eyes. But in vain, dad never agreed. He answered jokingly, “You both can't even take care of yourselves, yet you want a dog." From that day onwards, we never really bothered to ask him about having a dog. The definite answer will be the 'BIG NO'.

Dad has a pet dog before, during his ‘bachelorhood’ times. He had a sturdy bull dog named ‘Bronco’. His love for his beloved friend was beyond words. To an extent, my dad even washed Bronco’s feet under running water after he brought Bronco for a walk. One even suggested to my dad, why not get Bronco a walking shoes. Bronco was a dog who remains faithful to his Master. Bronco was there during the ups and downs of life. He’s worth more than just a pet; he was part of the family. However, Bronco left the world due to heart failure.

Somehow, pets do have ‘emotional intelligence’. They understood their master’s emotions of sorrow and joy. The true story of a dog, Hachiko in Tokyo who waited for his Master till he fall dead on the steps of the station remains a legend till today. It never fails to bring tears to my eyes every time I read the legend again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment