Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

CIMB Malaysian Open Squash 2009 at The Curve



News buzzing around across the nation about the victory of our very own Nicol David, world No. 1 squash player. I'm glad I finally get to witness her awesomeness when I tagged along with my cousin to the Curve last Saturday.

Seriously watching live on television and watching live as an audience isn't the same at all. You can hear the crowd cheering each time Nicol scored her point. You can feel the adrenaline rush in your body. You can hear your heart pumping to the beat of the drum. Totally amazing, especially when the world champion is your fellow man.

Nicol was an outstanding player, her energy, her enthusiasm and her passion for her dream was visible as you watched her competing with Walters.

I have observed despite the colour of our skin, our background, our race and religion, the entire spectators from level 2 to the ground floor are cheering for one, Malaysia. I had goosebumps and chills during those special moments, as I stood there, gazing at Malaysians beaming with pride and cheering for our player when Nicol reigns as the Champ in the Malaysian Open Squash. That split minutes have unite our cultural differences together and bind our hearts as 1Malaysia.

PS: Regretted for not taking along my camera.. Would have taken a picture with Nicol..

No comments:

Post a Comment